Below we explain how Spatsu uses these technologies, your privacy settings, and the other options you have.
What are cookies, pixels, and local storage?
A pixel is a small amount of code on a web page or in an email notification. As many services do, we use pixels to learn whether you’ve interacted with certain web or email content. This helps us measure and improve our services and personalize your experience.
Local storage is an industry-standard technology that allows a website or application to store information locally on your computer or mobile device. We use local storage to customize what we show you based on your past interactions with our services.
Why do our services use these technologies?
Our services use these technologies to deliver, measure, and improve our services in various ways. These uses generally fall into one of the following categories:
Authentication and security:
- To log you into Spatsu.
- To protect your security.
- To let you to view content with limited distribution.
- To help us detect and fight spam, abuse, and other activities that violate the Spatsu Rules.
- To remember information about your browser and your preferences.
Analytics and research:
- To help us improve and understand how people use our services.
- To customize our services with more relevant content, like tailored trends, stories, ads, and suggestions for people to follow.
- To help us deliver ads, measure their performance, and make them more relevant to you based on criteria like your activity on Spatsu and visits to our ad partners' websites.
We also work with third-party advertising partners, including Google, to market our services and serve ads on behalf of our advertisers, including through the delivery of interest-based ads.
- Personalization across devices:
- By better understanding how devices are related, we can use information from one device to help personalize the Spatsu experience on another device.
Where are these technologies used?
We (along with third parties) use these technologies on our websites, applications, and services and on other websites, applications, and services that have integrated our services, including third-party properties that incorporate our advertising technology. This includes our ad partners’ websites and sites that use our embeds. Third parties may also use these technologies, for example, when you click on links from our websites or applications, view or interact with third-party content from within our services, or visit third-party websites that incorporate our advertising technology.
What are my privacy options?
Your browser probably gives you cookie choices. For example, most browsers let you block “third party cookies”, which are cookies from sites other than the one you’re visiting. Those options vary from browser to browser, so check your browser settings for more info.
To control interest-based advertising from certain third-party advertising partners, you can learn more about opting out of receiving interest-based ads at optout.aboutads.info and www.networkadvertising.org/choices. If you are on the web, you can also opt out of Google Analytics by installing Google’s opt-out browser add-on, and opt out of interest-based Google ads using Google’s Ads Settings.
To control cookies, you can modify your settings in most web browsers to accept or deny cookies or to request your permission each time a site attempts to set a cookie. Although cookies are not required for some parts of our services, Spatsu may not works properly if you disable cookies entirely. For example, you cannot log into spatsu.com if you've disabled all cookie use.